Thursday, August 6, 2015

The 777 Challenge

So, Becca challenged me to do the 777 challenge, to post seven lines from the seventh page of one of my stories. Here's seven lines from the seventh page of my story about a boy who gets tangled up with figures in Norse mythology:

She drew her sword from its scabbard. A sharp ray of sunlight flashed on the steel. Faldir’s stomach felt empty, but only for a moment. Then all at once, the Valkyrie seemed to fade away. Faldir was whisked back to that day long ago, when he opened the door of the longhouse to find a bloodied messenger standing on the doorstep. Stabbed clean through the heart, he were,” he heard the messenger say. “We found his body on the field after the battle.” The man’s hand half-rose, then dropped to his side again, as though he had considered putting a hand on the boy’s shoulder but changed his mind. “I’m sorry, lad. He was a good man, your father.”

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dude, I should show you this story O.O. I have 23 pages of it.

      Delete
  2. Woah! Dramatic! But. . . TELL US THE REST PLEASE! This is so good :D :D

    ReplyDelete