Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wedding Plans



It has been a very wedding-y sort of week for me. A friend of mine got engaged last Friday. I attended another friend's wedding today. And to top it all off, I just read a blog post where someone said she would like to arrive at her wedding in a hot air balloon. All this got me wondering: what do you want your wedding to be like? I wrote up a questionnaire for y'all, and I answered the answers myself ... not because I have any desire to share with you MY wedding fantasies, though; I just wanted to make sure you know how questionnaires are done. XD. Jokinnnnng ... I'd LOVE to share with you some of my wedding schemes, and I'd love to hear about yours, too! Post your answers on your own blog, or put them in the comment box below.

1. Inside or outside? Why?
Outside, in a glade in a forest. Because it would feel so much more vital to be married with a breath of fresh air blowing about me. And I'd feel closer to God's presence outside.



2. What time of year do you want to have your wedding at?
Um, summer. Because outdoor weddings in Oregon negate just about any other option.

2. What do you want your dress to look like?
I rather like the idea of a wedding dress shaped like Princess Aurora's. Except obviously it'd be white instead of pink or blue. The skirt has so much mobility! And the bodice is just beautiful. 


3. Will you follow the old tradition and try to wear something old, something new,
Something borrowed, and something blue? Also, btw,


Hee-hee-hee.

Yes ... I'd follow that tradition. It's so charming.


4. Will you dance the first dance with your husband? What song would you like to dance to for this?
First dance with husband, yes. The difficulty is picking the song. Of course the guy I marry would have a lot to do with it, but objectively I really like this song. So celebratory. (What kind of dancing could you do to that song, Cassie?)

5. What music will you walk down the isle to?
If I had to pick today, it'd be this. It's so beautifallllll.

6. What do you want your wedding colors to be?
Okay okay. Either coral and gray, like this

blue and orange, like this

or just a lightgreen.

7. What will you have your bridesmaids wear?
I'd like them to all wear about the same length of dress, maybe knee-length. Other than that I'd like them to wear whatever dress suits them best.

8. How about your groomsmen?
Vests. Duh. Mostly because of Ron. Ah, love you, Ron.



9. What food do you want to have at your wedding?
Peppermint ice cream. That's all I've settled on. Oooh! That would match the coral and gray color palette! 10 points for Coral and Gray.


10. Name any random other details about your wedding you have in mind. Arrival by hot air balloon, for example.
Hmmmmmmmmm. I think it would be really awesome if after the wedding ceremony, the bridal party all went down the isle in an epic folk dance of some kind.

11. And, finally, because I want to know and because it has to do with getting marrried: what character quality would you prize most in your husband?
Moral fortitude. I want to marry a man who doesn't give a cent for what anyone else thinks as long as he's doing what God has called him to.

Can't wait to see your answers!!! Also, invite me to your weddings.


13 comments:

  1. I'll answer these at some point, but I don't even want to THINK about weddings right now. XDDD But I lurv the songs you picked. *hearts*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun! I put my answers in a blog post, hopefully this link will work XD http://adragonswhisper.blogspot.com/2015/08/wedding-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd do it inside, because I want to have my wedding be in the winter time when it's all snowy and cold.

    My dress would be something like this, renaissance like.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMHmtrWji8cCFQWXiAodqmkAGA&url=https%3A%2F%2Flivelaughlovedisneyblog.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F05%2F05%2Fpirate-wedding-dress%2F&ei=soK-VeuOKcrFogTKy5z4DQ&bvm=bv.99261572,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEyDqLdCl1PsLNPpZclkQMbIOy-MQ&ust=1438635058776076


    DR. WHO.....*breaths* okokokkok....I would wear something really old looking (hence the renaissance thing)


    Yes, first dance with my new person. XD We would dance to this (I know it might be a bit sad, but I LOVE it so much)

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQtwIwAmoVChMI3-vcjKSLxwIVAlGICh2k_wfo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN0m9bgQ1N0o&ei=eIO-Vd_PJYKioQSk_5_ADg&usg=AFQjCNEepmiay6HGotwJqk3Wp-BP388HKA&bvm=bv.99261572,d.cGU


    My wedding colors would be silver, sapphire, and gold


    My bridesmaids would wear a calf length sapphire dress with a silver and gold entwined belt. The style though would depend on what they want.

    Traditional tuxedos, and they would be silver with sapphire and gold ties (or bow ties.... bow ties are cool)

    I would have whatever I felt like having. Nothing particular XD

    The day before the wedding all us girls would go play paint ball and/or laser tag......or we'd all go sky diving. After the wedding we are all going to walk out to the Imperial March and make a grand exit.

    I would prize a smart and logical person. Someone who doesn't except fluff and stupidity. I couldn't marry an idiot. And if you're smart you'll have good morals and be a sincere Christian soooo....got all great stuff there.


    Yes Emily, you may not remember me.....I'm Cameron :D I've met you twice. But you are invited XDDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SCORE! XD I enjoyed reading your answers! I like your "The Day Before the Wedding Plan" XD. Sounds epic.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And yes, My day before will be epic. I like the idea of getting all dirty and bruised up before getting and primped and pretty XDD

      Delete
  4. HAAAAAAI.

    Uhhhh. let's see.

    1.) Outside if possible, but with the option of going indoors. There's this park near where I live that is idyllic... so there, that's where I want it. lol.

    2.) May, June, or October, thankee.

    2.5) Ehm... fitted on top and flarey at the bottom, but not looking like a cake. Kind of like... OH LIKE RAPUNZEL'S.

    3.) I too, would like to bring a TARDIS to my wedding.

    4.) YES I WANT TO DANCE THE FIRST DANCE. I just need to learn to dance.... and find a guy.... and I think I'd want to dance to Wanted. (Also, Be My Forever is one of the cutest songs EVER, good choice)

    5.) Shoot, I dunno. Maybe... a Thousand Years by the Piano Guys?????

    6.) There's this color of purple that I like... it's dark, but it's also kinda grey-ish.... OR LIKE AN OMBRE THING LIKE THIS: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7b/e9/77/7be977e4b3042c72757810838b34fb52.jpg so that.... and Gray for the men, because yaasss.

    7.) Ehm.... long, I thinks.

    8.) Clothes, mostly. lol.

    9.) Italian food, because I'm a dork that way.

    10.) I'd want it to be small, and kind of picnicky, and.... oh oh, I would want there to be activities for the kidlets too.

    11.) I DON'T EVEN KNOW RIGHT NOW. he'd need to be catholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUS! Outdoor wedding with indoor option! *fistpump.* That's the way to go, I tell ya :).

      AW. My cousin is going to walk down the isle to A Thousand Years by the Piano Guys!!! Small world XD.

      Delete

  5. 1. What time of year do you want to have your wedding at?
    In the Spring or Fall, when it is cool and possibly rainy. :-) Do you still want to be invited? Because you certainly are if you don't mind rain.

    2. What do you want your dress to look like?
    I am pretty sure some sort of medieval dress is what I want. I don't particularly like poofy. I also want to be able to dance vigorously. :-)

    3. Will you follow the old tradition and try to wear something old, something new,
    Something borrowed, and something blue?
    Sure, why not. :-)

    4. Will you dance the first dance with your husband?
    Of course, unless there is some other tradition. I like the idea of dancing with him, maybe some sort of nice waltz. (Also, I think the song you picked would be great for swing dancing. :-)

    5. What music will you walk down the aisle to?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdZE2eNreE&index=3&list=PL17AA3F5D8126D637
    This song has a lot of emotional meaning for me, since it was something I listened to a lot growing up. I can identify some of the soundtrack within the first few seconds of it coming on, even through it has no sound. :-P

    6. What do you want your wedding colors to be?
    Red and white or something.

    7. What will you have your bridesmaids wear?
    Red, medieval style dresses. Most likely they will have a nice belt or something. And some flowers. And hair down. Sort of Bohemian I guess.

    8. How about your groomsmen?
    I guess something like waistcoats or suspenders, but really it will depend on what they want. If they want anything. Maybe they will want to wear t-shirts or something. :-D

    9. What food do you want to have at your wedding?
    What ever Cori picks out. :-) She has far more interesting taste in food than I do. Lemony things.

    10. Name any random other details about your wedding you have in mind.
    There will be a LOT of folk dancing. And a really short service. And the pastor is prohibited from making any speeches. And we have 4 girls in the family, so we are each dibs-ing a place on the farm to get married. I dibs-ed the woods. With the Narnia music. :-) Dunno where the reception would be though.

    11. And, finally, because I want to know and because it has to do with getting married: what character quality would you prize most in your husband?
    Truth-seeking. Truth is hard to find. He will really have to want truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassssiiiieeeee! So glad you commented. XD I'm having a hard time visualizing the bridesmaids; I just keep picturing Mother Gothel lol. Am I close?

      O.O Oh my word. I can totally see you walking down the isle to that music. AIIIIEEEEE! I grew up listening to that soundtrack for like, two years. Every day while doing algebra. I can still hum the whole movie.

      XD Oh man, can't wait for some Whitlock weddings.

      Delete
  6. This is so adorable! I love the idea of peppermint ice cream! ( That might just be because I'm hungry) And did you say Oregon!? I live there! Glad I found your blog, looking forward to more of your posts!
    ♥ Vanessa
    simplyperfectme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa! Yep, I reside in Oregon, too, the prettiest state in the US. Nice to meet you!

      Delete