Saturday, October 3, 2015

All of a sudden I had an urge to write a long passage in elvish ...




My handwriting is a lot more compact than J. R. R. Tolkien's when he writes in elvish. For those of you who can't read elvish, here's what it says ...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all who wander are lost
Old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be King!

Which Lord of the Rings civilization do you think you'd fit into best? Pretty sure I'd live in Gondor ... yeah, I'd live in the city with all those tall, dark-haired people. (I know what you're thinking: But Faramir and Boromir are blond! Well, not in the book they're not. Look it up!)



8 comments:

  1. You can write in elvish and that's awesome. XD

    You know, I think that I have the temperament of a Hobbit but sadly the height of an elf. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun :). Cassie can write in elvish, too, I believe, but she does it differently than I do.

      XD "sadly the height of an elf." Sadly?? XD.

      Delete
    2. How do I do it differently than you? Do you simply do the different vowel placement or did you do something more different?

      Delete
    3. Different vowel placement ... plus I do the r's differently than you do. There are two ways to draw r. You picked the fancy one. I went for the more intuitive one.

      Delete
  2. AHHH
    It looks WAY better than my handwriting when I write in Elvish. That's so cool XD
    Hmm...I think Rohan or Gondor... *dances* THEY'RE BOTH SO AWESOME I CAN'T DECIDE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD You write in elvish too? That's so neat! Do you put the vowels over a proceeding consonant or a following one? If that makes sense ... :P

      Yeah, I can see you fitting in in either Gondor or Rohan ... :D

      Delete
  3. Your handwriting makes this look so nice! So much more like Tolkien's than mine: mine looks like an engineer's scribbles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't seen a sample of yours except on Cori's bed. It looks fairly Tolkien-ish to me ...

      Delete