Sunday, October 4, 2015


I found a swingset beneath the stars,
And I could not resist.
I swung as hard as I could,
Grinning into the wind on my face,
Flinging back my head to stare at the stars.
I told myself, if I could just swing high enough,
I could fling myself upwards,
And soar into the stars.
I could compare notes with the astronauts,
And we could talk with shining eyes about the things we had seen.
No one else would understand just how wonderful it had been.
It would be our secret
That we wished the world was in on


6 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. It reminds me of when I was a young kid and I used to swing as hard and high as I possibly could (I always imagined if I swung hard enough I could wrap around the swingset....and I thought that would be a good idea for whatever reason???) and sing at the top of my lungs, "THE FLAG FLIES HIGH IN THE CASTLE OF MY LORD, IN THE CASTLE OF MY LORD. IN THE CASTLE OF MY LORD. THE FLAG FLIES HIGH IN THE CASTLE OF MY LORD, FOR THE KING IS IN RESIDENCE THERE." XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Wrap around the swingset? Seems legit. I always want to swing hard enough so that ... let me see if I can articulate this ... at the point when I'm upside down when I'm swinging forward - you with me so far? - I can tip my head BACK and see what's in FRONT of me.

      Oi. Does that make sense?

      XDDDDD I do not know this ditty, but I'm sure it's charming and that you struck wonder and astonishment into all who beheld you.

      Delete
  2. This seems like a legit plot for an Owl City song! xD Yesh, I have definitely felt this epic feeling before. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* My goodness. What a nice thing to say! XD I love swing sets.

      Delete
  3. OMG YES I AGREE WITH EMBERS. Gaaaaaaah this poem. I wuv it. I could snuggle it. It is COMFORT. "I could compare notes with the astronauts, And we could talk with shining eyes about the things we had seen."

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhhh! Dawwwwwww. Thank you so much XDDDDDDD.

      Delete